Syllabus Examples and Templates
The following are examples of course syllabi that utilize different formatting techniques. Not all of these examples are from East Carolina University courses, so some of the syllabi may not meet the minimum ECU requirements. They are simply meant to demonstrate different ways to format syllabi and to generate ideas. Some of the examples are categorized as those that meet minimum requirements for certain university-approved designations.
- UDL Syllabus: complete, college-level syllabus designed with UDL considerations.
- Infographic Syllabus: complete, college-level syllabus with Infographic design.
- Infographic Syllabus Ex. 2: complete, college-level syllabus with colorful, Infographic design.
- Simple Syllabus Layout: complete, college-level syllabus in a clean layout. This is a good place to start if you aren’t ready to create an Infographic syllabus, but want to make your format more readable and engaging.
- Enhanced Simple Syllabus: college-level syllabus in a well-designed layout that makes use of some design and Infographic concepts. This is a good alternative to Infographic Syllabi because the design is engaging, yet more restrained than an Infographic Syllabi tends to be.
ECU Example Syllabi:
Examples of syllabi used by ECU faculty who have received teaching awards are available for review in the Office for Faculty Excellence (Joyner Library 1001).
Canvas Syllabus Templates
Michael Kocher has prepared a syllabus template & other canvas templates for teachers at ECU to use. It is accessible through Canvas Commons.